Today CGS announced it will be hosting and participating in a panel discussion, Global Outsourcing – Pros and Cons in the New Political and Economic Environment. The panel of industry leaders and business process outsourcing (BPO) experts, with an introduction by CGS President and CEO Phil Friedman, will address what to expect from outsourcing amid the changing global business landscape.
Title: Global Outsourcing – Pros and Cons in the New Political and Economic Environment
Date/Time: Thursday, April 27, 2017, at 6:30-9 p.m. EDT
Location: The Clocktower at the New York EDITION Hotel, 5 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10010
Event summary: Numerous uncertainties resulting from proposed domestic economic and trade policies, combined with volatility in such countries as the Philippines and Mexico, have businesses questioning: Will there be new taxes or penalties for offshore labor and technical resources? Can transformational tech capabilities – robotics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) – help offset these changes?
Michael D. Mills, SVP, Contact Center Solutions, CGS, will be joined on the panel by Simon Tash, Managing Director Global Business Services, Deloitte, and Richard Lampe, Global Director of IT Infrastructure, Xylem. The experts will discuss how potential new U.S. and global economic and trade policies could impact how companies effectively hire and retain highly skilled technical resources worldwide. Takeaways for attendees will include:
- How to prepare amidst political and economic uncertainties in the U.S. and abroad
- How to navigate disruptions to conventional outsourcing
- How technology advances including robotics & AI may help businesses keep pace with evolving customer requirements
- Best practices for choosing a partnership to reduce risks
- Why outsourcing will continue to be an important strategy for global expansion